- Contact Us
- About Us
- Young Birders
- Go To
- Help With
- Log In
Upcoming Field Trips
The field trip schedule is on the Club's Calendar or you can look at a list of trips.
HMBC members receive a complete list of field trips with all trip details. If you need another copy, just login as a member and you'll find it in the Member's section.
Check HMBirds before any trip for updated information.
Non-members are welcome at all unreserved local trips, but we do ask that you register by sending a note to the Field Trip Committee Chair. Overnight and out-of-the-region trips are generally closed to non-members.
Suggestions and Volunteering
If you have suggestions for field trips or if you would like to volunteer to lead a trip, please do not hesitate to send a note to the Field Trips Committee Chair.
The Club strongly encourages its members to make the welfare of the birds and bird habitats their top priority while birding. The Club has officially endorsed the American Birding Association's Code of Birding Ethics as the ethical standard for organized Club field trips. A copy of that code may be read at this ABA web page
Field Trip Guidelines
The following is a condensation of the guidelines that appear in our member field trip schedule.
- Let others know if you are looking for particular species
- Prepare: proper clothing, sunscreen, tick protection....
- Bring binoculars and field guide
- Bring lunch/beverage if it is an all-day or weekend trip
- We encourage car pooling (discuss ahead/share expenses)
- Smokers need to respect the wishes of non-smokers
- Quiet groups see more birds
- Walking ahead may flush birds before others see them
- HMBC encourages protection of birds and their habitat
- Be aware of the Code of Ethics - ABA Code of Birding Ethics
- Children must be accompanied by parent/guardian
- Pets are not allowed on our trips
- Please do not call trip coordinators after 9pm