- Contact Us
- About Us
- Young Birders
- Go To
- Help With
- Log In
Registration for HMBC Members
How to Register as an HMBC Member on this website
First, you must be a paid-up member of HMBC. To join HMBC click here.
- Each person must have his or her own email address to register at this site. This means that two members of a family cannot register as individuals on this site using the same email address.
- We must have your email address in our database for you to register as an HMBC member (to fix this, see item 5 below).
What if I am sharing an email address with my spouse?
That is ok, but as a consequence you can have only one account on this website, and both of you will have to log in under that one name. That means the one who registered as a member will appear as the person who posted all photos, blogs etc. from your household. If you really prefer to share, you could register under a joint name (i.e. "The Lastnames" or "Jane Doe and John Buck"). The best solution is to get your own email address.
It is easy to set up your own email address, as all internet service providers offer the option of multiple e-mail addresses for a single account. Or, you can sign up for your own free email address with a variety of providers such as Yahoo! or Google.
Here's the step-by-step procedure for registering.
- Fill out the registration form (Use the link at the bottom of the page).
- The system will send you an e-mail with a temporary password and tell you how to log in for the first time.
- Log in and change your password. You are not registered until you have done that. Note: When you get to your 'profile' page click on the edit tab to change your password.
- To see if you are registered as an HMBC member look for the Member menu item on the lower row of the menu. If it does appear, you are done.
- If the Member menu item does not appear, you are only registered as a guest. We may not have your e-mail address in our member database or your dues may not be up to date. To fix this, send an email to HMBC Member Registration Help and put your name and your email address that you used to register in the body of the message. We will enter it in the member database and check your dues. We will do it as soon as possible, and, if your dues are paid-up, you will be registered as a Club member on this site.
Final Note: You will remain registered as an HMBC member on this site as long as your dues are paid up to date. If you do not pay your dues, your status on the site will revert to guest. Guests can log-in but have no extra privileges.
To go to the registration form click here.